Weighting some Tents rather than staking is an option. Every Tent and location has different specifications and requirements. Please call for detailed information!
We can weight most Tents however it’s important to remember:
- Setup & takedown of a staked Tent take less time
- Often it requires fewer delivery vehicles & less equipment to stake a Tent
- Tents look better when staked because we can get vinyl smoother
- In the event of a storm a staked Tent is safer – with ‘perfect soil conditions’ staked Tents are rated to withstand 50-70 mph winds (it’s less for weighted Tents)
- Staking is considerably cheaper – call for pricing if weighting is necessary
- If Tent has sidewall & is weighted, extra weights are required
- If Tent is weighted on grass there’s an extra fee because it takes more labor to transport over grass (weights on grass can cause damage & sometimes sink)
- Transporting & moving weights requires more man-power & equipment: Dollies, Forklifts, Dingos, Trailers, etc
- If staked in asphalt we can patch the holes for an additional fee. We fill stake holes with pea-gravel to within 1″ of top, then fill with a quality tar patch & tamper down.
- You can NEVER stake into concrete – on occasion a Drop Anchor can be installed if concrete’s at least 6″ deep & not “old” with cracks (it won’t work for most patios & sidewalks because they aren’t big or deep enough). A site inspection is required & extra fee’s apply.
- It’s safer for our staff to stake Tents
If you’re going to have a Tent weighted, it’s highly recommend to use a ‘Dead Weight’ like Concrete. Some companies use water barrels for weighting, which is NOT RECOMMENDED & we will NEVER use them! Weighting with water barrels is illegal in some states!
In order to stake a Tent we’re required to call Gopher One at least 48 business hours in advance to have underground public utilities located & marked. Customers (Property Owners) are required to locate & mark all private utilities including sprinkler heads PRIOR to setup.