Broadway Party & Tent Rental Makes It Easy!
A tent is a great idea for an outdoor event, especially in the ever-changing weather of Minnesota. But even on a beautiful day, a tent will protect your guests from the elements of wind, sun, and potential rain. Gigmasters has created a list of questions that the rental company will most likely ask when renting a tent:
Where is the event?
This is a loaded question. A tent rental company needs to know a little bit more about your location than its address. Here’s a few things they’ll be thinking about:
- Surface Will the tent be going on grass? Gravel? Asphalt? Tents need to be secured with either weights or stakes in the ground. Drainage is also a consideration, especially if it rains.
- Access Big tents need big trucks! Your tent rental vendor will need to know how close they can get to the final location.
- Weather Any outdoor location has weather concerns – tented or not! But if your location is notoriously windy or shade-less, your vendor will take this into account.
- Utilities All public and private utilities are required to be located and marked prior to setup. If customers are setting up the tent, it is their responsibility to call Gopher One at least 48 business hours prior to set up. If Broadway is setting up we will take care of that for you but we require a layout and at least a 48 business hour notice for staking. Property Owner is responsible for locating private utilities and sprinkler heads.
- Permits Some zip codes require permits or extra paperwork to set up a tented party.
- Space 20 feet doesn’t always mean 20 feet. Certain tents need extra clearance for support and stakes.
What’s going on under the tent?
Tent vendors need to know what kind of activities are going on under their tent. This helps determine tent size and type. Your vendor will guide you to having the proper lighting, flooring, and seating. They can also advise on extras, like heating, air conditioning, and wall panels.
How many people will be attending?
This seems like a basic question, but one that affects your tent size. Be specific and avoid providing large ranges. A range from 50-100 people is a large span and does not enable us to accurately size up your event.
What kind of tent are you looking for?
As someone planning an event, you might not know the answer to this question. Rely on your vendor to educate you on the types of tents they work with. The main types are:
A Pole Tent has at least one pole in the center as the primary support. It is typically supported with stakes, making it ideal for grass or sand. In some cases it can be set up on concrete but this would require weighting which adds a significant cost. To learn more staking, weighting and anchoring, click here.
A Frame Tent or High Peak Tension Canopy is a free standing structure, supported by a metal frame. It allows for more creative layouts, and can be put on almost any surface. If unable to stake, this style can be weighted for an additional fee.
What style of event are you having?
Every event type has a different set of needs…and that affects your tent choices. The experts at Broadway Party & Tent Rental have covered them all. They’ll walk you through all the tent types so you can decide on the correct style to fit your event.
With a little planning, a tent can take any event to the next level. To make tent rental as easy as possible, take a look at these resources from Broadway Party & Tent Rental.
Broadway Party & Tent Rental makes throwing a party easy with rental equipment from tents, tables and chairs to linens, dinnerware and décor. Looking for something unique? Broadway also carries concession equipment like popcorn machines, cotton candy spinners and slushie machines to make your party a hit! Broadway is here to provide quality rental equipment so your party exceeds expectations! Give us a call!