Celebrate Valentine’s Day with those near and dear to your heart!
Looking for something new or different to do this Valentine’s Day? How about hosting a Sweetheart Dinner? Whether your guest list numbers 2 or 10, hosting a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day is a unique way to celebrate with your loved ones!
Planning a Sweetheart Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated. Simply follow these 5-step plans for your menu and location, and then get ready to enjoy a romantic night in with your special someone(s)!
Planning the Menu
- Choose your drinks thoughtfully. The most romantic choice is wine or something sparkly, so if you and your guests are wine drinkers, be prepared with a few bottles. If you’re having a more casual meal choose something different but take advantage of the opportunity to do something special! Make sure to offer non-alcoholic options for those who choose not to drink alcohol.
- Choose simple appetizers. Have a few appetizers ready in advance, or plan for simple treats that are easy to assemble, to get your meal off on the right foot. Pick simple finger foods that are fun and easy to eat while you’re in the kitchen.
- Choose your main course. Your main course should be something simple that doesn’t require a lot of prep — or something that you prepared, or partially prepared earlier in the day. You want to spend your time with your honey (not in the kitchen)!
- Choose a simple dessert. If you’ve done a good job with the wine, appetizers, and main course, then chances are your guests won’t have much room in their stomach by dessert time. Instead of preparing an elaborate dessert, pick up some cupcakes from your favorite local bakery, or put some ice cream in the freezer and serve it with whipped cream and a handful of fresh berries.
- Have a backup plan. This doesn’t mean you should have another home-cooked meal prepared, but it does mean that you should have a safety plan in case something goes wrong. This could just mean having the menu to your favorite sushi restaurant or a frozen pizza in the freezer.
Setting the Mood
- Decide on the location. If you can, pick a location where you don’t normally eat so the night feels special. If you have a “fancy” dining table that you never use, now’s the time. We even rent drapery that can create a cozy room inside your garage!
- Plan to use your nice dishes. You may have a nice set of crystal glasses, fancy plates, napkins, and silverware that you never use because they’re only for special occasions. Well, the occasion is now — bring them out and take pleasure in how much they add to the romantic atmosphere. My grandmother used to tell me, “If you have it, USE IT! Otherwise you get to my age and all you have are new old things!”
- Choose your romantic decorations. Candles are essential for a romantic dinner, so light several candles and place them on or near the table. Make sure once dinner is served that you dim the main lights in your dining room to get the romantic feel. Flowers, such as elegant roses, are almost as important. They look really good at the table, whether it’s something extravagant or simple. Just keep in mind that your guests should be able to look at each other across the table. Playing some soft jazz or romantic music in the background can add to the ambience – just keep the volume low enough to not be a distraction.
- Dress up! Dressing up as if you were going out to a restaurant will make the night feel even more special. Don’t forget to communicate the dress code to your guests. Or, you can provide something when they arrive too!
- Avoid all distractions. If you have kids, arrange to have a sitter watch them away from home well in advance. Turn off your phones, the television, and radio, and focus only on your guests.
Because Sweetheart Dinners are not all that common, your guests will be excited and intrigued by this idea. So dim the lights, turn up the love tunes, and enjoy a romantic dinner with all the luxury touches of a fancy restaurant!
We’ve Got You Covered
Broadway Party & Tent Rental makes entertaining easy with its wide selection of rental equipment for parties and events. From tables and chairs to linens, dinnerware and décor, Broadway is here to provide quality rental equipment so that your party exceeds expectations!
Not sure what you need to make your event memorable? Give us a call! Our rental experts will make sure you get everything you need to make your party unforgettable!