DELIVERY / SETUP / TAKE DOWN Tent & Canopy rentals (except AP-Customer Setup Tents) include setup & take down. Delivery charges are additional & depend on location. Pricing is available on request when you provide DETAILS regarding the location of WHERE & WHEN you want a tent. Make arrangements IN ADVANCE & SPECIFIC (we recommend at least 10 days notice).
- Extra charges if location exceeds 100 ft of vehicle, or is other than ground level (hills, fences, gates, bridges, multiple doors, stairs, etc).
- If we need to transport equipment more than a minimal distance from the truck & are not notified ahead of time, BEFORE we load & route our crews (which is typically 1-2 DAY’S BEFORE delivery), it could affect our ability to have the tent up on time (or even at all). It affects our scheduled route (which is sometimes tight), which affects the next customer’s service. In addition, there are additional fees. Just imagine how difficult it is to hand carry (or cart across bumpy ground) 100’s or 1000’s of pounds of tent fabric & materials from our truck to a site 250 yards away, in all types of weather!
- What about TRUCK ACCESS to site? Be sure to arrange for space to park our Delivery truck close to the site! Most tent installations require us to be able to drive right up to where we need to work because of the size & weight of the equipment. For large projects this usually isn’t a problem but is worth mentioning in case there are access restrictions.
WHERE TO PUT THE TENT? We require a written/drawn SETUP / LAYOUT DIAGRAM 7-10 days in advance (additional fees if less than 7 days). In addition to providing a Layout we recommend placing one flag in each corner of where you’d like the tent (if you don’t have flags use some sort of marker) we will do our best to install the tent as close as possible to your selected location. We will not move the tent once it’s erected without charging additional fees.
SITE INSPECTION & PREPARATION Tents 30’ wide & larger require a Layout &/or Site Inspection PRIOR to Reservation. There’s a fee for Site Inspections. Site Inspections are valuable in preventing potential problems & we recommend arranging for them weeks in advance!
- We recommend you MOW & WATER 1-2 days in advance of setup (When necessary, snow plow before our arrival)
- Area where tent is to be setup should be cleared out & CLEAN (free of lawn furniture, toys, pet droppings) BEFORE tent crew arrives! Failure to clear the area may result in additional fees.
- PREVENT people from parking vehicles in or around the setup area & remember to reserve closest parking spots for BOTH our delivery & pickup vehicles.
- It helps if you MARK CORNERS of where you want the tent a few days in advance (use cones, flags, white spray paint, etc)
- TRIM over hanging TREE BRANCHES PRIOR to arrival. There should be at least a 3′ clearance (from tent top & peak) away from all tree branches.
- TURN OFF Sprinkler Systems (for entire time tent is set up) & mark heads with flags
OVERHEAD UTILITIES Certain conditions such as overhead wires (& trees) may affect where the tent is placed. An 8’ clearance is required away from overhead power lines (electrical) because power can jump.
UNDER GROUND UTILITIES When setting up tents that require staking, State Law requires us to call Gopher State at least 2 full business days (48 hours) prior to staking but no more than 10 days in advance. We call a week in advance & after we call; each utility company will come & mark locations of underground PUBLIC utilities (gas, electric, phone, cable). They WILL NOT mark PRIVATE utilities or underground sprinkler systems. Customer should mark the 4 corners of where tent is going PRIOR TO THEIR ARRIVAL (4-5 BUSINESS DAYS) (if the area is a BUSINESS PROPERTY the corners should be marked with WHITE PAINT). If it’s a large open field, it’s recommended you also flag the area a week in advance to help Gopher One know where to do the utility locating. If Gopher One does not mark because the area was unidentified – WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SETUP THE TENT!
Flagging is not an option we can request. If they happen to flag (instead of paint) you CANNOT in any way move flags (even temporarily) for mowing or any other purpose. Scheduling a specific time is not available & they will not knock on your door. If you’ve never had a tent setup in the area & you’re in the planning stages of your event, if you question whether power runs through the area, consider calling Gopher One @ 811 to have them locate, this will help you choose the best location.
IRRIGATION (SPRINKLER) & PRIVATE UTILITIES If you have private utilities (underground sprinkler system, septic system, yard or parking-lot lights, gas grills, etc) YOU are responsible for locating & marking their locations. Provide blueprints, or place a flag on each head, mark the lines with string, & point these all out to the installers. Unmarked utilities will delay or cancel your setup & may incur additional Wait Time fees. Turn you sprinkler system off for the ENTIRE time the tent is on property. Broadway Party Rental is not responsible for hitting unmarked lines, sprinkler system lines, or heads! We cannot see what is under the surface of the ground & take no responsibility for any damage to subsurface utilities/lines.
If you have ANIMALS or PETS, restrain them from interfering with delivery personnel. Prior to delivery (& pickup) remove pet feces in & around area where equipment is being setup & used. PLEASE prevent pets from urinating on equipment!
The State of Minnesota enforces a NOISE ORDINANCE from 10 PM to 7 AM. We cannot use jackhammers for installing stakes (large tents) between those hours unless you have a special Permit.
Customer is responsible for all necessary PERMITS required by City, County, and/or State. We can supply copies of Fire Retardant Certificates if needed. Other requirements to check: exit & no smoking signs, fire extinguishers, etc.
COOKING is not permitted under any tent or canopy unless a cooking tent has been specifically requested.
CAUTION: DECORATIONS have been known to leave a residue or stain on Tent Top & Poles. You will be charged a replacement &/or cleaning fee if that happens. DO NOT USE ANY crepe paper decor or streamers! Remove ALL tape, residue, signs, lighting, & decorations or you will be charged cleaning fees!
FIRE PIT We require a minimum 10’ clearance away from fire pits (unless they’re not being used).
We keep an eye on the WEATHER, if predictions are poor we may setup early (provided equipment & site is available, etc). Wind speeds over 30 MPH (lightening, hail, extreme cold, etc) may delay or cancel setup or take down. See below for Winter Weather.
WINTER / COLD WEATHER SETUP When wanting a tent setup November thru March/April call to discuss details because there are potential problems in winter that sometimes make putting up the tent impossible. Extreme weather & frozen ground are 2 areas of concern. We typically request 10 days prior to the event for setup & 10 day after the event for take down (we will not handle vinyl in temperatures below 15-20 degrees).
TENT SETUP ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT? Customers must be aware that in the event of high winds or lightning, we will not risk the safety of our staff to setup or take down the tent you ordered. Foul weather may delay or cancel your tent setup & there is no refund. We always recommend arranging for setup the day before & take down the day after but we realize not all venues allow that, just know that there is a risk YOU take.
DO STAKES DAMAGE ASPHALT PARKING LOTS? Stakes will make a hole about the size of a quarter which can be patched (for a fee). There are some locations we’ve installed the same size tents over several years & we reuse the same holes with no problem. Staking is always safer & cheaper! See Staking vs Weighting
TENT ACCESSORIES In addition to reserving your Tent don’t forget we have Heaters, Air Coolers, Lighting, Sidewall, Flooring, Staging, Exit Signs, Fire Extinguishers & many other items available for rent!
Our delivery staff is instructed to stack ADDITIONAL ITEMS ORDERED in a mutually convenient place on delivery. On pickup all items must be folded, stacked, everything clean, repacked in same containers and ready to go in SAME convenient place as delivery. Customers will be charged additionally for items NOT READY FOR PICKUP at prearranged time. All non-Broadway Equipment (ALL personal décor, string, balloons, tape, lighting, etc) MUST be removed prior to scheduled take down or you will incur additional Cleaning, Return Trip or Wait Time fees. Pricing for SETUP & TAKE DOWN OF OTHER EQUIPMENT (tables, chairs, etc) is available on request.